Help raise money for the PTA by recycling unwanted clothes - Collection on Thursday 29th April
Just a few more days of the holiday left for a spot of spring cleaning and sorting!
The PTA has planned a clothes recycling collection to raise funds for our 'New books for the school' project. We have chosen to use Kids Just Recycle because as well as earning money for our school we will also be helping people less well off than ourselves. We are also going to spend some time in school talking about the importance of recycling clothing to reduce environmental damage.
By recycling we can help keep unwanted clothes away from landfill and provide an affordable way to get clothing to families in poorer parts of the world such as Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe. Not all of the textiles go abroad, some will stay in the UK as they work with homeless charities and the Samaritans, which is why they have expanded their list and now include nappies and soft toys.
So, we need your old clothes etc and we will earn money by the weight of materials we collect.
What you can donate?
· Pre loved clothing (not school or work uniform with logos)
· Bed linen
· Pairs of shoes - in good condition only please
· Sleeping bags
· Bags and belts
· Curtains (not ripped or badly sun bleached)
· Packs of nappies (any size, can be opened packs)
· Yarn for knitting
· Cuddly toys/ teddy bears
What can’t be donated?
· Duvets and pillows
· Clothing with school logo or work logos.
· Footwear or accessories that show any heavy signs of damage or stains.
· Any items that are originally sold as a pair such as footwear and gloves MUST be sent as a pair.
· Cushion Covers and Blankets
Please bag up your unwanted items and bring them to school on the morning of Thursday 29th April. Members of the PTA will be at both drop offs to help unload bags so we keep the drop off moving.
Thanking you in advance for your support.