Designated Safeguarding Lead Mrs Jayne Ingman
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead Mrs Ghislaine Lakin-Hall
Safeguarding Governor Mrs Jo Naismith
- Crockham Hill C E Primary School recognises the importance of providing an ethos and environment within school that will help children to feel safe, secure and respected; encourage them to talk openly; and enable them to feel confident that they will be listened to. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
- Our school core safeguarding principles are:
- That schools are an important part of the wider safeguarding system for children.
- It is a whole school responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children as its paramount concern
- All children (defined as those up to the age of 18) regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity, have equal rights to protection
- All children have a right to be heard and to have their wishes and feelings taken into account
- All staff understand safe professional practice and adhere to our code of conduct and other associated policies
- All staff have a responsibility to recognise vulnerability in children and act on any concern in accordance with this guidance
We have a range of policies in place to cover all the facets of safeguarding within our school. These ensure that all members of our school community:
- Are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Know the procedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding
- Are aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse
- Fully support the school's commitment to safeguarding and child protection.