Acorn Class Reception and Year 1
Acorn Class is our first class. There are twenty reception pupils and ten pupils from Year 1.
Children in Reception follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and children in Year 1 follow Key Stage 1 of the National Curriculum. We combine this learning in a learning map for each term. The annual plans are on our Curriculum page whilst termly plans are added to our class page.
REMOTE LEARNING FROM 4TH JANUARY 2021
In line with our plans and procedures we will be making home learning available to parents via SeeSaw.
We are not able to offer daily whole school collective worship on Zoom but we will run a class Celebration worship on Fridays Class codes will be sent to you via email.
In addition we have provided pre-recorded daily acts of worship for you to watch with your child at a time that suits you.
These will be loaded on to Seesaw.
God bless, Mrs Ingman
Phonics and Reading
We teach phonics in the Early Years and Key Stage 1 through ‘Letters and Sounds’ using a synthetic phonics approach. We use 'PhonicsPlay' online as a useful resource of games and activities to develop skills.
We use ‘Book Bands’ to organise a range of reading materials for children learning to read.
In the Early Years Foundation Stage, books are sent home from the reading scheme, once a pupil is a confident 'blender' of the first 19 phonemes.
Meet the Teacher
During this Lockdown, it is expected that children at home will complete their learning as set by teachers.
Please go to your child's Online Learning Platform 'Seesaw' to access a range of activities.
WHAT'S COMING UP OVER THE NEXT TWO WEEKS:
- week beginning 1.2.21 Access home learning lessons at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/early-years/growing-6-7-8/week-2/
- week beginning 8.2.21 Access home learning lessons at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/early-years/growing-6-7-8/week-3
- week beginning 1.2.21 Access home learning lessons at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/spring-week-4-number-addition-and-subtraction-within-20/
- Then complete the relevant activity sheet at the bottom of this section assessment.
- week beginning 8.2.21 Access home learning lessons at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/spring-week-4/ (last session) and then access the following online programs each day for the rest of the week to consolidate the term's learning
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/chinese-dragon-ordering (For Chinese New Year on Friday 12th February
YR Oak Academy - https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-key-stage/early-years-foundation- stage/subjects/literacy Then select a unit of your choice that you feel you might find interesting.
Y1 Oak Academy - https://classroom.thenational.academy/units/explanation-how-birds-fly-a732
Reading for pleasure - https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/storybooks-and-games/
YR – Phases 2 or 3 - https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/fishy-phonics?phase=2
Y1 – Phase3 3 or 5 - https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/alien-escape?phase=3
Y1 only - 1 lesson per week set on Seesaw as needed Delivered as a Live Zoom Lesson
- week beginning 1.2.21
Jesus invites Matthew to become one of his disciples
- week beginning 8.2.21
Jesus chooses his other disciples