Acorn Class Reception and Year 1
Acorn Class is our first class. There are twenty reception pupils and ten pupils from Year 1.
Children in Reception follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and children in Year 1 follow Key Stage 1 of the National Curriculum. We combine this learning in a learning map for each term. The annual plans are on our Curriculum page whilst termly plans are added to our class page.
REMOTE LEARNING FROM 4TH JANUARY 2021
In line with our plans and procedures we will be making home learning available to parents via SeeSaw.
We are not able to offer daily whole school collective worship on Zoom but we will run a class Celebration worship on Friday 8th and 5th January. Class codes will be sent to you via email.
In addition we have provided pre-recorded daily acts of worship for you to watch with your child at a time that suits you.
Please click on the document below and look for the video links.
God bless, Mrs Ingman
Phonics and Reading
We teach phonics in the Early Years and Key Stage 1 through ‘Letters and Sounds’ using a synthetic phonics approach. We use 'PhonicsPlay' online as a useful resource of games and activities to develop skills.
We use ‘Book Bands’ to organise a range of reading materials for children learning to read.
In the Early Years Foundation Stage, books are sent home from the reading scheme, once a pupil is a confident 'blender' of the first 19 phonemes.
Meet the Teacher
During this Lockdown, it is expected that children at home will complete their learning as set by teachers.
Please go to your child's Online Learning Platform 'Seesaw' to access a range of activities.
- week beginning 18.1.21 Access home learning lessons at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/early-years/alive-in-5-week-3/
- week beginning 25.1.21 Access home learning lessons at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/early-years/growing-6-7-8/
- week beginning 18.1.21 Access home learning lessons at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/spring-week-2-number-addition-and-subtraction-within-20/
- Then complete the relevant activity sheet at the bottom of this section WO5 / WO6 / WO7 / WO8 + end of unit assessment.
- week beginning 25.1.21 Access home learning lessons at https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/spring-week-3/
Then complete the relevant activity sheet at the bottom of this section W01 - W05 pages
YR Oak Academy - https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-key-stage/early-years-foundation- stage/subjects/literacy Then select "The Noisy House" or "Little Red Hen" units
Reading for pleasure - https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/storybooks-and-games/
YR – Phase 2 - https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/fishy-phonics?phase=2
Y1 – Phase 3 - https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/alien-escape?phase=3
Y1 only - 1 lesson per week set on Seesaw as needed
- week beginning 18.1.21
Retell the Christmas Story and post to Seesaw
- week beginning 25.1.21
Who would you choose to change the world? activity on Seesaw